Are you planning to go abroad? Well, who doesn’t want? But, what are the perfect destinations to go to? Japan is one of the lists!
In one of my previous articles, I talked about different family-friendly destinations. Now, let me share with you some ways to get there and a little bit of info about Japan.
About Japan: What you need to know
Japan is an island country lying off the east coast of Asia. It includes a fantastic string of islands in a northeast-southwest arc that stretches for about 1,500 miles (2,400 km) via the western North Pacific Ocean. Nearly the complete land region is taken up utilizing the country’s 4 most important islands; from north to south these are:
Hokkaido (Hokkaidō), Honshu (Honshū), Shikoku, and Kyushu (Kyūshū). Honshu is the most important of the 4, followed in size by Hokkaido, Kyushu, and Shikoku.
The national capital, Tokyo (Tōkyō), in east-imperative Honshu, is one of the world’s most populous cities.
Also, there are various smaller islands, the major agencies of which might be the Ryukyu (Nansei) Islands (such as the island of Okinawa) to the south and west of Kyushu and the Izu, Bonin (Ogasawara), and Volcano (Kazan) islands to the south and east of critical Honshu. The national capital, Tokyo (Tōkyō), in east-imperative Honshu, is one of the world’s most populous cities.
Also, The Japanese landscape is rugged, with over four-fifths of the land surface consisting of mountains. There are several active and dormant volcanoes, as well as Fuji (Fuji-san), which, at an elevation of 12,388 feet (3,776 meters), is Japan’s highest mountain.
Voluminous precipitation and also the typically delicate temperatures throughout most of the country have created a lush vegetation cowl and, despite the mountainous tract and customarily poor soils, have created it potential to lift a range of crops. Japan includes a massive and, to a good extent, an ethnically homogenized population, that is heavily targeted within the low-lying areas on the seacoast of Honshu.
Who Needs a VISA to enter JAPAN?
Citizens traveling to Japan for business from the North American nation, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or most European nations don’t want a visa as they need permission for the short-run keep. However, voters from outside this 68 countries involved by the visa exemption should apply for a visa.
Visa Exemption and kinds of Visa
Visa Exemption Arrangements between countries permit individuals to visit another country while not a visa. Fortuitously for Japan lovers, at the instant, 68 countries enjoy these arrangements with Japan. Since a visa is very arduous to induce, arrangements alter your life and notably after you conceive to visit another country on vacation.
In general, the countries that are involved by the Visa Exemption Arrangements have the correct to a period-stay of 90 days, however, there are some exceptions. The United Arab Emirates voters will sit up to thirty days whereas individuals from countries like Dutch East Indies, Brunei or Kingdom of Thailand will solely keep in Japan fifteen days while not a visa.
What countries are involved in the Visa Exemption Arrangements?
Also, If you would like to grasp what countries are involved in the Visa Exemption Arrangements, you’ll be able to notice the total list at the official Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan web site here. Notwithstanding your country’s advantages from a visa exemption by the time you’re reading this text, it’s extremely suggested about the link higher than later, as arrangements will amendment all at once.
There are different types of visas in line with your travel functions and period. The foremost vital forms of visa, and conjointly the foremost used are:
Tourist visa (90 days)
- You don’t want a visa if you’re staying in Japan under ninety days (when returning from a rustic with the Visa Exemption Arrangement). You only ought to show a sound passport and your round-trip ticket once inbounds to Japan to prove that you’re planning to leave among the ninety days.
- However, if you’re concerned about paid activities or media connected activities, you can’t have the benefit of the visa exemption.
- When inbound to Japan with a “visa-free” standing, you can’t switch to different visa standing while not going away Japan. You have got to come back to your country and begin the procedure for the right kind of visa.
- For instance, if you’re planning to visit Japan and notice employment for a few reasons, you have got to come back to your country, evoke an operating visa and solely then come back to Japan to begin working.
- If you return from a rustic nonetheless the particular sixty-eight that have the benefit of arrangements with Japan, you need to apply for a toured visa.
The documents necessary are:
- Your passport (valid, of course)
- A visa form fully stuffed and signed
- One photograph (passport size and fewer than half a dozen months old) to place within the form
- Your flight itinerary (but don’t purchase the tickets before obtaining the visa)
- A proof that you just have enough cash to hide your travel expenses in Japan (last financial statement, for instance)
- Documents that show your travel purpose (hotel reservation, etc.)
- Immigration documents
- Always consult with your embassy initial as this list wills modification hastily.
If you’re aiming to Japan for work functions, you want to apply for an operating visa, otherwise, you won’t be ready to enter Japan. There are many completely different operating visas as a result of their classified in keeping with the skilled field. For pretty much each variety of operating visas you would like to possess employment to provide.
When applying for an operating visa you want to give these documents:
Cherry Blossoms are the fleeting nature of life, It symbolizes the time of renewal. Their beauty peaks only for two weeks and their blossoms start to fall. and their life is short.
- Your passport (valid, of course)
- A visa form fully crammed and signed
- One photograph (passport size and fewer than vi months old) to place within the form
- The original “Certificate of Eligibility” from the Ministry of Justice in Japan + one photocopy (you will realize a lot of data regarding this certificate here)
- If you don’t have a Certificate of Eligibility, you want to give a lot of alternative documents to interchange it. If you would like a lot of data on these documents, simply visit the Japanese Embassy web site for all the main points.
If you’re from one among the 68 countries that have a meeting and shall study in a Japanese college for fewer than ninety days, you don’t want a visa. Your valid passport is enough for this type of study. However, if you intend to check for quite three months, you’ll get to apply for a study visa. A bit like the operating visas, you may want these basic documents:
- Your passport with a spare validity date
- A visa form utterly stuffed and signed
- One photograph (passport size) to place within the form
- The original “Certificate of Eligibility” from the Ministry of Justice in Japan + one photocopy (you will notice additional data concerning this certificate here)
- If you can’t give a Certificate of Eligibility, you need to gather heaps of different documents. The Japanese Embassy will guide you and assist you with specific details.
List of Japan Visa Necessities:
1. PHILIPPINE PASSPORT
- Must have a signature. In new 10-year passports, you’ll realize the signature line on page three (the page opposite the bio page), just under the massive Philippine flag image. In older e-passports, the signature is digitally encoded on the particular bio page.
- Must have a minimum of a pair of blank pages. The Japanese embassy attaches a sticker to a page on your passport. Furthermore, the Japanese immigration adds associate degree entry sticker on another page upon arrival.
- Must have a minimum of six months validity. Also, the quality immigration follow is to reject passports validly shorter than six months. In cases like these, probably, you may not be allowed to exit the Philippines or enter Japan.
- Must be in condition. Broken and illegible passports don’t seem to be accepted.
2. DULY ACCOMPLISHED VISA APPLICATION FORM.
- Handwritten and processed are each accepted.
- Don’t leave any field blank. If a field doesn’t apply to you, write N/A.
- Print the shape on associate degree A4-size paper. Different sizes are rejected. No, legal (long) and letter (short) sizes don’t seem to be allowed. A4 is allowed.
- Use a black pen or font. Don’t use a pencil or one of those effaceable pens.
- Avoid erasures. If it can’t be helped, use the double line (2 strikethroughs). If there are too several erasures, start over. Never use correction tape or liquid.
- If you would like to facilitate accomplishing the shape, we’ve got a guide in another section below.
Download application form from the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines.
3. ID PICTURE
- Size: 4.5cm x 4.5 cm
- White background
- Must are taken inside the past 6 months.
- Write your name and birthdate on the rear aspect.
- -Paste it on the selected space on the appliance kind. Don’t STAPLE.
4. BIRTH CERTIFICATE FROM PSA
It must be issued inside the past year from the business office or Serbilis Outlet Center (Nationwide). NO, certificates older than one year don’t seem to be ACCEPTED.
If the credentials are marked LATE REGISTRATION, you need to conjointly submit a baptismal certificate, college Record (Form 137), and faculty Yearbook (if applicable). The address of the church or college should be indicated within the documents.
5. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE FROM PSA
Only if you’re married. If you’re single, ignore this one.Hence,
It must be issued inside the past year from the business office or Serbilis Outlet Center (Nationwide).
6. DAILY SCHEDULE IN JAPAN
- This is your daily itinerary in Japan.
- Download the format here.
- Must be written on associate degree A4-size paper.
- It doesn’t have to be compelled to be difficult. Here’s what mine looked like Sample Japan Itinerary
7. ACCOMPLISHED LIST OF VISA APPLICANTS
- Only if traveling as a family/group. If you’re applying alone, no ought to submit this.
- You must have a REPRESENTATIVE someone, who is the key person in your application. Parenthetically, if you’re applying as a family, one among the oldsters is often the representative. If one among the applicants/travelers is sponsoring the remainder of the cluster, that person can even be the representative.
- In the “relationship with the tantalizing person and guarantor” field, write N/A if you’re applying as a traveler. Fill this in precisely if you’re visiting friends or relatives in Japan.
- You can transfer the shape here.
- Must be written on associate degree A4-size paper.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A JAPAN VISA
- Complete the necessities, as listed on top of.
- Find a licensed agency. Except for terribly special cases, the Japanese Embassy doesn’t settle for direct applications. They have to be coursed through any of their licensed agencies. You may notice their restricted list of licensed agencies right here.
- Submit the documents. Visit your chosen agency within the morning or as early as you’ll be able to. These days, Japan travel is therefore widespread; queues are often seeing you later it will generally eat up your entire day.
- Pay the Processing Fee. In reality, the visa is FREE; however, the agency can charge a processing fee. The rates vary, however it’s sometimes between P800 – P1600 reckoning on the agency.
- Wait for your visa. Once you have got submitted everything to the agency, there’s nothing left to try to however to attend and hope for the simplest. If they encounter any downside (e.g. further requirements), they’re going to allow you to apprehend. Thus, you want to apply not therefore on the point of your date of travel. The Visa process ordinarily takes 3-5 days, however generally up to seven operating days. For others, it takes weeks.
Japan Visa Sample form
First of all, some vital reminders before filling out:
- Complete the shape either by hand or electronically. Either is accepted. If you go the hand-written route, confirm that you simply write in block letters which they’re decipherable.
- In fields that don’t apply to you, write NA. Don’t leave any field blank.
- Print the shape in associate degree A4-size paper. Alternative sizes are rejected.
- Paste a photograph on the selected space. PASTE! Don’t STAPLE! The image should are taken at intervals the past 6 months.
- Use a black pen. Don’t use a pencil or one of those effaceable pens.
- Avoid erasures! If it can’t be helped, use the double line (2 strikethroughs). If there are too several erasures, start over. Never use correction tape or liquid.
- Now, here are some components of the shape that you simply may need questions about. For the aim of rationalization, I stuffed out the shape in antipersonnel bomb letters simply to create it obvious. Mostly, after you complete your type, use BLACK.
1. Given and middle names: Write both.
2. Other names: If none, write N/A.
3. Place of birth: Likewise, if you were born in Makati, write: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines.
4. Former and/or other nationalities or citizenships: Only if you have one. Write N/A if you have none.
5. ID No. issued to you by your government
6. Passport type: Ordinary.
7. Passport number: Double check to make sure it’s correct.
8. Place of issue: You can write the city name.
9. Issuing authority: DFA.
10. Purpose of visit to Japan: If applying as a traveler, write touristry. If you’re visiting a disciple or family, write VISIT FRIEND/FAMILY.
11. Intended length of stay in Japan: Number of days inc. the arrival
12. Port of entry into Japan: Name of the airport.
13. Name of ship or airline: Just the name of the airline or the ship.
14. Names and addresses of hotels or persons with whom the applicant intends to stay: If applying as a traveler, write down the name, address, and signal of your edifice. If you don’t understand the precise address or signal of your edifice, Google it! If applying to go to somebody in Japan, write their name, address, and get in touch with range.
15. Dates and duration of previous stays in Japan. Write N/A if it’s your 1st time in Japan. And if you’ve been to Japan before write down the inclusive dates of your previous visits and also the number of days. If you’ve been to Japan over and over and it won’t match, use a separate sheet and indicate it on the shape.
16. Your current residential address: If you have more than one address, hence list them all on a separate sheet.
17. Telephone number: If none, write N/A.
18. Current profession or occupation and position: Be Honest!
19. Partner’s a profession/occupation: If single and of legal age, write N/A. If married, write the occupation of your spouse. If for a minor, write the occupation of parents.
20. Guarantor/Inviter Info: If you’re applying as a traveler and you’re shouldering all expenses, write N/A all told of the fields. If you’ve got a patron, write their details.
21. If “Yes” to any of the questions, please provide the necessary info. If NO to all the questions, write N/A.